Win2k printer issue

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

dcredell

:confused:

I have having a strang issue with my hp laser jet 1000. Everytime I attempt to print a job my cpu usage jumps to 100% and locks up my win2k computer. I have installed & uninstalled the computer multiple times but nothing seems to work. I noticed that if I stop the print spooler service the computer function properly (less printing of course) Help! :confused:

Maybe its a driver issue.Have you tried a different version driver ?

dcredell

I have the latest hp drivers for the printer. Strange thing is that this is not a new printer and everything was working a few days ago. The problem seems to be with th print spooler service.

Just as a test, what happens if you print directly to the printer rather than spool. Not that you necessarily want to leave it that way but it is one less worry about. For example if it is a driver issue, then this won't make any difference. If it does, then it is truly something wrong with the spooling or the way it's configured.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online