1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2k printer issue

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dcredell, Apr 21, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dcredell

dcredell Thread Starter

:confused:

I have having a strang issue with my hp laser jet 1000. Everytime I attempt to print a job my cpu usage jumps to 100% and locks up my win2k computer. I have installed & uninstalled the computer multiple times but nothing seems to work. I noticed that if I stop the print spooler service the computer function properly (less printing of course) Help! :confused:

2. mobo

mobo

Maybe its a driver issue.Have you tried a different version driver ?

3. dcredell

dcredell Thread Starter

I have the latest hp drivers for the printer. Strange thing is that this is not a new printer and everything was working a few days ago. The problem seems to be with th print spooler service.

4. Bob Cerelli

Bob Cerelli

Just as a test, what happens if you print directly to the printer rather than spool. Not that you necessarily want to leave it that way but it is one less worry about. For example if it is a driver issue, then this won't make any difference. If it does, then it is truly something wrong with the spooling or the way it's configured.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/222537

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice