Win2k Problem with mapped drive (maybe permissions)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

OTC_Tech

Hello all. We have a Win2k file server and we have it set up to where it maps a drive to every students profile. The students and their instructors have modify permissions to their folders. Certain ones are now popping up with a "Disk full" message when the student or instructor tries to save a file to the folder. I've check and there is plenty of space left in the folders (we have disk quota set up and each student gets 150MB) and the drive (over 6GB left on that partition). I've also checked the permissions and both student and instructor still have modify permissions. I don't know what else to do. With my domain Admin account I can successfully save files to the folders. Could any one offer any help on this one? Thank you in advance.

Compaq Proliant 3000
Win2k Server w/SP3
Dual PII 450MHz
256MB RAM
4 - 9GB HDD
RAID 5

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts