1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2k SP2 freezing and lockups

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by scot.t, Jan 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scot.t

scot.t Thread Starter

hi all lately i did a clean install of win2kSP2,IE6,Via 4.37a drivers,DX8.1
    the problem started when i was surfing the internet my comp would freeze at any given time (mouse and windows) so i would have to hit the reset button to reboot.
    now its freezing at any given time if im using IE,,watching an mpeg etc... only now the mouse has movement for about 3sec after everthing locks up then freezes.i also get a beep from the tower(like a POST beep) when evrything locks up.
    another note- when i have to reset, on bootup it doesnt ever check disks for integrety because of improper shutdown like it normally does if u dont shut down properly.
    any one know whats going on?? is this maybe corrupt registry/entry??
    thx

2. Dan O

Dan O

Have you tried running running Dr. Watson (Run DRWATSON) to capture information about the problem to have something more to work with? If not give it a try and post what it reports.

Good luck.

3. scot.t

scot.t Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!