1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win2K SP4 Question...

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by dougget, Sep 13, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. dougget

dougget Thread Starter

Is there a quick way to assess the Service Pack level of a number of Win2K PC's? For example: Is there a registry item that would indicate what service pack is installed on a particular computer?
    Thanks,
    Dougget

2. Arky

Arky

Right click My Computer. Select Properties. The System Properties Box will open with the General Tab default page. The version of the Service Pack is listed there.

3. dougget

dougget Thread Starter

Hmmm. Yes, I could do that, but I would need to look at several PC's in several areas of 3 buildings and would perfer to check them from a single location.
    If there's a way to check the reg for the SP level, I could open the registries remotely and verify the SP right from my desk. OK, so I'm a little lazy, but there's got to be an easy way, right?
    I have used scripts to detect the OS of a PC and then used IF statements to make registry changes for NT, 2K, and XP machines. I need to do something similar but also need to know the SP that the machine is running.
    Thank you,
    Dougget

4. Arky

Arky

There are a slew of references in the registry to the current service pack. I have attached an export of the primary key in W2K. I haven't opened my XP registry, but I expect the same key or close to it is there also.

Attached Files:

• sp.zip
      File size:
      358 bytes
      Views:
As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/273433

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice