1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WIN2K Won't Shutdown!!!

Discussion in 'Windows XP' started by Fairbairn, Jan 9, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fairbairn

Fairbairn Thread Starter

I have a user that when he tries to shutdown his WIN2K machine, he gets a blue screen message that stays on the screen for about two seconds. The computer then restarts on it's own...it will not shutdown. Error message is as follows (what I've gotten so far):

STOP IRQ Address 8046856F Base at 80400 Datestamp 3d366b(don't have the rest of the numbers) ntoskrnl.exe

Beginning physical dump of memory.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

SGT Armstrong
    US Army

2. Fairbairn

Fairbairn Thread Starter

Message is:

***STOP: 0x0000000A (0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0x8046856F)
    IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

***Address 8046856F at 80400000, DateStamp 3d366b8b- ntoskrnl.exe

Beginning physical memory dump.

Again any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks.

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

4. Fairbairn

Fairbairn Thread Starter

This article address talks about Quicken. My user does not have Quicken on his machine so I'm pretty sure that that article can't help me. Thanks for the help though. Any other suggestions??? Anyone...anyone....Bueler? Bueler?

5. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

Try shutting down in safe mode. If it shuts down alright, then try disabling programs / services that are loading at startup until you find the cause. If it still will not shut down in safe mode; I would check the memory with a memory tester, remove all pci / isa cards until you get it to shutdown.
    Also are you using acpi?

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/112266

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice