Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Win2kPro: Missing Network Identification Tab out of System Properties

2K views 9 replies 2 participants last post by  tygr 
#1 ·
Originally posted by navguy:
how can i fix the following error message?
"the system cannot log you on this domain because the systems computer account in it's primary domain is missing or the password on that account is incorrect".

I have already created user accounts on the pdc, but i cannot logon using my domain admin account. I logon using the local sys admin account and i can see the domain controller and all it's shared files, but when i try to log in using my domain account i get the message above. Any help would be appreciated.

Navguy

I was able to fix the problem. For those that ever see the problem, here is the fix, just remove you workstation from the domain and then add it to the domain again. Right click network neighborhood, in the identification tab click on change, then just click on workstation, apply, you do not have to reboot, then just click on change again then add it to the domain and that's it.

Well, has anyone ever seen a W2K Pro computer in a similiar situation with the identification tab missing? I am able to log on as the local admin so I can change the computer name to join the domain, but the tab is missing. I know I am in the right spot, but not sure why it's not.

Thanks!

#2 ·
OK, just so we all know the "right spot" . . .

you have gone into System Properties and you are missing the Network Identification tab?

Quickest way there is to right-click the My Computer icon on your desktop and select Properties.

Are you there?

#8 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.