1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win32 Application Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by tangojvg, Jan 1, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. tangojvg

tangojvg Thread Starter

win32 Application error message
    I get the message when I go to open up attachments sent to me by friends, In one case, it was a audio file that I sent him last year. Now I can't open it. The message that comes up reads

c:\windows\temporary internet files\content. IE5\UV2EM55M\christmas.(christmas is part of the name of the file) PPS is not a valid win32 application.

I do take Microsoft updates and it probably one of those that has changed something in my system. What do I have to look at to change things back so I don't get this message.

2. brianF

brianF

pps extension is a microsoft power point file, do you have power point installed on your system.

Try saving the file to you desktop and then opening it rather than out of the temp files. You should be able to right click and choose save as

3. tangojvg

tangojvg Thread Starter

Hi Brian,

I don't know if I have POWER POINT. How do I find out?

I have tried opening these from both temp and after saved to disk. I get the same result: the above typt of message.

4. brianF

brianF

5. tangojvg

tangojvg Thread Starter

Brian,

Thank you. The Power Point Viewer installation was right on the money. I was able to open the file that had been giving me problems and hopefully I won't see that message again on future stuff.

Many thanks.

John

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/63811

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice