1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win32/Genetik trojan-detected by NoD32

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by error791, Apr 18, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. error791

error791 Thread Starter

hi Techies
    i use webmail to access my work emails, today when i tried to logon to the website there was a software called as anrl.exe through IDM which was trying to download, i dint download first, the browser freezed and didnt get any response, then later i downloaded the file, NOD 32 detected it as a trojan
    (4/18/2008 10:55:19 AM HTTP filter file probably a variant of Win32/Genetik trojan connection terminated - quarantined IBM\IBM Threat was detected upon access to web by the application: C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\iexplore.exe)

again the connection was terminated and IE crashed, i had to restart IE, Tried to delete tempfiles using cc cleaner, no change...
    i don have this issue while accessing other websites!!

could u please help to rectify this issue?

2. error791

error791 Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/704967

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice