1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win32.trojandownloader.newmedia

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by electraland, Oct 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. electraland

electraland Thread Starter

Hi!My name is Electra and I have a problem with my pc(Windows XP)and it's called win32.trojandownloader.newmedia and it really makes me nervous!!:( I tried many ways(like Adaware,panda-my antivirus,and some more) to fix this but unfortunately I couldn't!I finally thought about forums of genius people:p to help me with my problem!I read about another cases with this virus and I end up with the solution of "cybertech" to install the "SDFix"!I did it actually and since then(about 10 minutes)I haven't watched any prob yet!But I'm scared in the idea of appering this virus again into my pc!So I need help!!!
    I 'll post now the report...

SDFix: Version 1.112

Run by electra on ƒœ¬ 29/10/2007 at 11:50 ££

Microsoft Windows XP [Version 5.1.2600]

Running From: C:\DOCUME~1\ELECTRA\Desktop\y\SDFix

Safe Mode:
    Checking Services:

Restoring Windows Registry Values
    Restoring Windows Default Hosts File
    Restoring Default HomePage Value
    Restoring Default Desktop Components Value

Rebooting...

Normal Mode:
    Checking Files:

Trojan Files Found:

C:\WINDOWS\bxsbang.dll - Deleted
    C:\WINDOWS\kthemup.exe - Deleted
    C:\WINDOWS\movctrlknq.dll - Deleted
    C:\WINDOWS\nssfrch.dll - Deleted
    C:\WINDOWS\ocgrep.dll - Deleted

Removing Temp Files...

ADS Check:

C:\WINDOWS
    No streams found.

C:\WINDOWS\system32
    No streams found.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
    No streams found.

C:\WINDOWS\system32\ntoskrnl.exe

2. Jintan

Jintan

Howdy electraland,

Welcome to TSG. Very chancy move just applying any of the specialty tools in use in this forum without specific knowledge of the outcomes they might produce. Infection was surely located in that scan, but let's get some more basic diagnostic looks first here.

Download HijackThis from Here. Click on the downloaded file to install HijackThis. Then open HijackThis and select Do a system scan and save logfile. Use copy/paste and post that log.

Also go Here and download Silent Runners to your desktop. Run it, and post back here the log it creates. If your AV queries the script, allow it to run. It's not malicious. It will create a file named Startup Programs, and will notify when the scan is complete. Copy the log from the Startup Programs file here, along with the HijackThis log please.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/645442

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice