Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

win32.trojandownloader.zlob.zjj

817 views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  stumpy davies 
#1 ·
Hi I don't know if this applies to anyone here but my computer running windows vista become infected with this trojan, although my subscribed Zone alarm security suite was not offering information on removal I did find some complicated stuff about deleting registry enties but that only applied to trojan zlob, not zlob.zjj, although I since sourced the virus & removal was simple for me, so if anyone else using vista has this virus try this before considdering deleting any registry entries or even entering the registry, go to:

C:\Users\(your User name)\Appdata\Local\Temp\IXP000.TMP

Don't be fooled if this is present its a file folder although it's .TMP

Right click select open & delete the file from within the folder & then delete from your recycle bin.

Restart your computer & then an error message will appear saying Error creating process because it can't find the file,

once this is done don't click ok on the error message press ctrl alt delete, & start task manager & a programme process will be there called chk or check.exe right click this item process in the list & select open file location:

this is normally C\system.sav\checkPP2.exe - delete checkPP2.exe

restart the computer, there is normally a backup version of the virus executable or .exe file in a second location

once again you will see the error message saying Error creating process because it can't find the file

once again don't click ok repeat:

ctrl alt delete, & start task manager & a programme process will be there called chk or check.exe right click this item process in the list & select open file location:

this is normally C:\Windows\system32\Check.exe - delete this file & restart your computer once restarted the error message will no longer be there & when you do a re-scan with your security suite in my case Zone Alarm you will find it no longer detects win32.trojandownloader.zlob.zjj & that the infection has gone.

I am not saying that this will work for everyone with this virus but is worth a look as it worked for me.

See less See more
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.