Win32k.sys Crash

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

sn1p34

Ok here is my problem my computer all of a sudden freezes at least 3 times a day and I get a blue screen displaying this error message

STOP: 0X0000008E (0XC0000005,0XBF8E70FE,0XB89E1BE8,0X0000000)

Win32k.sys - Address BF800000, Date Stamp 43446a58

Then my system Automaticly shuts down, then restarts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sn1p34

Have you taken the cover off your computer to inspect the fans and heatsinks? Have you blown out all your fans including the video card fan (if you have one)? Have you blown off the heat sink on your CPU? These are first steps with this type problem. Make sure the power is off when you do this...doc

sn1p34

I have windows xp pro sp2, and yes I have cleaned all the fans, and hetsinks recently around about 1 month ago, right around the time I installed more ram.

Did you remove the Ram and attempt again, could be bad ram or could be a bad ram slot, try without the newly added ram. if that works then install the ram into another slot if you have not already done so. if still dosen't work try another ram stick.

sn1p34

I removed 2 sticks of ram two 256mb 333mhz, and installed one 1 gig 400mhz.

Hi,
Is this the same machine you had memory problems with in October? ( Gateway Pentium 4 3.0 ghz ). As I read it, you had already tried 512mb of 400mhz, and it was conflicting with the 333mhz ram already in.

Does your motherboard support PC 3200 400mhz memory or is PC2700 333mhz the max you can install ?

You really need to know the make and model No of your motherboard / machine, to be able to know which memory is ok for you.
Once you know this, go to this site and check to see which memory you can increase to.

http://www.crucial.com/index.asp

If it does support 400mhz, then take out the 333mhz or the 400mhz will run at the lower speed, if not, don't keep trying as you will keep getting problems, get more 333mhz and you should be ok.

sn1p34

I solved the problem my motherboard was fried, I got a new cpu and mother board but now I got a new problem My windows dosen't like my new cpu and it won't start up anymore I'm running a live cd right now. My old cpu was 3.0 ghz and my new one is 3.2 ghz and my new motherboard is an Asus X Series.

Yeah, usually if you go to the extreme measure of replacing the entire motherboard and CPU, the best bet is to reinstall Windows. If you are still able to get on the computer, I'd back up whatever you want and then start fresh. It'll save you a lot of trouble.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online