1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win7 64bit Missing Ethernet/Audio drivers for HP Pavilion Slimline s5503w

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Binkse, Mar 26, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Binkse

Binkse Thread Starter

I recently acquired a Pavilion Slimline (s5503w) desktop PC. For whatever reason the hard drive was blanked out when I received it and upon installing Windows 7 64-bit (Ultimate Ed) I've had quite some time locating the proper drivers. Attempting to use the recommended drivers from HP's website resulted in a 9996 error, you don't meet the requirements. Proper recommended installer for that version of windows, but no luck. I've also tried installing the Ethernet and Audio drivers recommended by Nividia's website. A 15.49 package, but though it recognizes the video card it doesn't notice the onboard Ethernet or Audio. Neither of these devices is listed in device manager as far as I can tell either. No typical yellow exclamation mark stating that the driver is missing.

Any help or a point in the right direction would be greatly appreciated.

2. dai

dai

3. Binkse

Binkse Thread Starter

As I said in the original post the drivers posted above result in a 9996 error. Any other ideas?

4. Hitori

Hitori

If there are no signs of those devices in Dev. Mgr, can you try checking in the BIOS to verify that they have not been disabled?
    Believe the BIOS key is F10 at the HP logo screen.

5. dai

dai

6. Elvandil

Elvandil

The chipset driver's purpose is to allow the OS to find and identify hardware attached to the machine. If devices are not being found, especially board components, then the chipset drivers (which should always be the first drivers installed) may be missing or the wrong version.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1094363

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice