1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win7 cannot access Control Panel, C:,or any folder

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by rudedog97, Dec 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. rudedog97

rudedog97 Thread Starter

I can't get into any folders, or even the control panel. Everything works fine in safe mode. I can click on a picture and it will open, I can search for a game and it will open, I can even launch config.sys or CMD. When I click on computer or any other folder, the folder appears and spins the search and just stays there. Could this be a registry key?

2. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    So I assume this happens in normal mode under just one account? Are you an Administrator account on the machine? Can you make a new account Administrator and see if problems persist in new account?

3. rudedog97

rudedog97 Thread Starter

in all accounts, in safe mode i can click on the folders to get them to open
    On my c: drive is says no program associated with this, but, it will open if you right click and open

4. metallica5456

metallica5456 Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    Andrew
    Can you run an SFC /SCANNOW from an ELEVATED command prompt and post the results?

5. lunarlander

lunarlander

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1162427

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice