1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win7 Explorer folders

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by LoveGoldens, Jan 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. LoveGoldens

LoveGoldens Thread Starter

First Name:
    Larry
    EDITED:
    Sorry. NEVER MIND THIS TOPIC. The issue disappeared without any apparent reason.
    I would delete this post, but I see no option to do so!
    ======================================================

Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. Windows Explorer issue, not Internet Explorer.

In my folder tree, there was a folder named "Documents" which contained no information at all. Note: I am not referring to the Libraries folder named "Documents!"

All of my files are in custom-named folders, each of which is preceded by my 3-letter, initials caps.

But, after deleting that redundant, empty folder named "Documents," Windows added a new bizzarre folder which I cannot get rid of. It has no information in it; it has no other right-click options except "Expand," and clicking that option doesn't do anything at all. There is no information in that folder.

Why is it here?

How do I delete it?

(Please, see attached image showing my Windows Explorer tree with that strange folder in it.)

Attached Files:

2. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    Nevermind ;)

3. LoveGoldens

LoveGoldens Thread Starter

First Name:
    Larry
    Thank you for the reply, although it wasn't necessary.

Actually, it wasn't SOLVED, it was RE-SOLVED by some unknown reason (it just vanished!), and wasn't solved by anyone on this forum. If I had marked it as SOLVED, any other users with the same issue would then be asking HOW it was resolved. heh heh. That's why I didn't mark it that way.

It's strange to me that users can't delete a post they made as long as it hasn't yet received any replies. That would be logical to me, and also save confusion as well as disk-space on the forums. Mistakes DO happen from time-to-time. In my case, mistakes happen more often than that! :D

Anyway, thank you!

-- Larry

4. captainron276

captainron276

First Name:
    Ron
    By highlighting all your post and erasing it, then just say "Nevermind" and mark it as SOLVED, this will keep folks from stopping by:) Just a thought:)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1084155

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice