1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win7 freezes during shut down

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mohnishgs, May 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. mohnishgs

mohnishgs Thread Starter

sometimes when i try to shut down my pc, soon after the "shutting down" screen the computer hangs
    this happens when i shut down while the net is still connected
    or when i try to connect to the net and it gets stuck on the "registering your computer on the network" screen and after some time it gives me some error and redials in 30secs.

This was the error reported in event viewer:
    CoId={E9F17D23-3EF7-4CE3-9C98-1E46F157844F}: The user RattleSnake-PC\Rattle Snake dialed a connection named Broadband Connection 1 which has failed. The error code returned on failure is 0.

though the connection fails to establish the network icon in the system tray says iam still connected even though iam not and when i try to shut down the pc it hangs in the same screen
    this connection failure usually occurs when iam connecting to the internet the second time in the same session

someone please help.......

p.s. atleast tell me what processes i need to end so that the system shuts down properly:(

2. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

So you are connecting using dial up?

I would see if there is a newer driver for your dial up modem and install it.

Make and model of PC?

3. mohnishgs

mohnishgs Thread Starter

yeah i use dial up
    the pc is assembled and the lan drivers are up to date

i forgot to mention, after a long time the computer restarts and it says windows recovered from an unexpected shutdown, error type: blue screen etc.

4. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

go to C:\Windows\Minidump
    Copy the .dmp files in there and zip them up, attach the zip file in your next post using the "Go Advanced" button, then click the paper clip icon to browse and attach the zip, then hit the upload button.

LAN drivers are different from the modem drivers.

5. mohnishgs

mohnishgs Thread Starter

there were three .dmp files and i have zipped and uploaded all of them together(as a single archive)

Attached Files:

6. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

All 3 are the same result

DRIVER_POWER_STATE_FAILURE (9f)
    Probably caused by : L1E62x64.sys

This is your Atheros ethernet driver, update it to stop the bsod's

7. mohnishgs

mohnishgs Thread Starter

thanks a lot, you really helped me out here :)

8. Mumbodog

Mumbodog

So is the problem solved?

You are welcome.

Welcome to TSG forums.

9. mohnishgs

mohnishgs Thread Starter

the driver is up to date, i uninstalled and reinstalled the driver but the problem still persists :(

10. antech

antech Banned

Follow the below Instructions Carefully:

1. Download Hijack this from the link.

(Choose the installer of HJT—Hijack This)

2. Run a Scan.

DO NOT FIX ANYTHING BY YOURSELF.

(Doing so when NOT Instructed Might cause Unwanted System Instability, BSOD's and Even Render your System Unusable)

3. Save a Log file (On your Desktop)

4. Copy and Paste all the contents.

5. Paste them in the Reply Window.

I am NOT an Authorized Malware Remover.

The Log is requested by me only for Optimization Purposes, troubleshooting and removing applications that are causing various problems such as Crashing, BSOD’s and Freezing and helping the poster remove any incompatible application/program and driver.

I will therefore NOT help if anything related to Malware is found in your log.

The thread will then be moved to the Malware Removal Forums for expert assistance.

11. mohnishgs

mohnishgs Thread Starter

i had to reinstall the os, and yeah it fixed the problem...........thanks anyway :)

12. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/920816

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice