1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win7 help please

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by mh64, Jan 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mh64

mh64 Thread Starter

hello.
    i was hoping you could help me ,
    out of the blue ,about 3 days ago, i downloaded fix microsoft security essencials (fix mse. rar)
    because mse would stop scanning and freeze on a file called c:/windows/system32/codeintegrity/driver.stl..
    i tried reinstall,safe mode,udating,ect..
    so i installed another antivirus software,it scans fine.
    but i cannot delete the fix mse rar file ,says i dont have permission ,but i am admin.
    im having this problem with other files as well in a folder on desktop.cannot delete,cannot gain access.
    i tried safe mode and gained master admin rights with no help.

so i wanted to sys restore back in time ,system restore doesnt work at any point saved
    error reads something obscure like failed due to some non important file couldnt be restored.
    first one was a temporary internet file in appdata folder
    second and third were mozilla firefox cookies in appdata folde as well.
    i also tried in safe mode.

3 days prior to this email everything was fine, idont download much and i always scan

ty.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium, Service Pack 1, 64 bit
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 42 Stepping 7
    Processor Count: 8
    RAM: 8174 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon HD 6670, 1024 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: Total - 940261 MB, Free - 742963 MB;
    Motherboard: Dell Inc., 0Y2MRG
    Antivirus: AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

2. rainforest123

rainforest123

m :
    Please provide:
    brand, model # model # of the Dell Computer.

"error reads something obscure like failed due to some non important file couldnt be restored."
    Exact error messages will be very helpful.

"but i cannot delete the fix mse rar file ,says i dont have permission ,but i am admin"
    Beginning in Vista, continuing in W7, a member of the admin group does NOT have the same privileges as "THE ADMINISTRATOR" account.

edit: Unless you mean that you are logged in as "Administrator".
    end edit.

edit #2:
    Do you mean W7's safe mode, or FF's safe mode?
    end edit #2

Please provide more information about
    . A web site URL for example.

What were you trying to fix?

When did the computer last work well?

Do you NOW have 2 anti virus programs installed? In general, this is asking for problems. If you have 2 AV programs installed, install 1 of them. You might want to uninstall both of them. BUT, FOR NOW, simply install the most recently [ assuming you have 2 AV programs installed ] installed AV program.

edit #3: Would you describe yourself as a beginning, intermediate or advanced computer user?
    end edit #3.

RF123

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1086274

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice