1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win7 install freezes and doesnt detect drivers

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by notGeneric, Jun 20, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. notGeneric

notGeneric Thread Starter

Hi everyone

I never thought ill be having a problem with installing windows. My old motherboard has died on me and i have replaced it with a new M3A79-T deluxe without changing my already installed windows 7 64. Everything worked fine if a little slow so I decided to frag everything and do a clean install but the installation kept freezing at expanding files.
    Following other forums i tried dban but it finished in about 2 seconds with errors. which made me think there is a problem with the hd.
    So then i installed Linux mint so i can use at least something in the mean time, it worked without a problem ruling out a faulty hard drive, I went back to trying to install win7.
    This time i wasn't even able to proceed from the partition menu as it kept complaining that windows cannot install onto this partition due to 0x80300001 error. I noticed that no partition was marked as the primary partition.I got around this by creating new partitions in the Linux installer then exiting and reformatting the partitions in windows installer (assuming this turns it into NTFS format) I was able to proceed into the installation but again got stuck at the same place with expanding files with error 0x8007045d after a few hours just like before.

Also i never installed drivers in windows installation but when i try to install sata drivers either from mobo cd or mobo website the installer doesn't recognize them, iv tried taking everything out but 1 ram stick, installing new BIOS, reseting CMOS, playing around with partitions, installing from different dvds I'm getting close to throwing this thing out of the window and getting a mac book. Any attempts at saving my faith in Windows will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

2. mhd1360

mhd1360

As you surely know, this error code is related to SATA driver that should installed before windows installation.
    What error message did you got in that state ?

3. notGeneric

notGeneric Thread Starter

After i click "load drivers" a message box prompts me to insert an installation media with the drivers. So I inserted the dvd and clicked "ok" the installer then scanned the dvd and threw a message with "no signed device drivers were found". then i clicked on "browse" instead and i could find the cd and all the folders in it but they were all empty. I tried this with a dvd with drivers from the website burned onto it and with the original mobo support dvd which has the drivers on it.
    Are the drivers the same for installation in windows environment and for use during the windows installation? Maybe I need to sign the drivers somehow first?

4. Snagglegaster

Snagglegaster Banned

notGeneric, you should run your hard drive manufacturer's diagnostic. Believe it or not, being able to access the drive from Linux, doesn't rule out a failing drive. I use Linux LiveCDs a lot for data recovery because they will frequently access drives that can't be read from Windows or DOS (clones included) utilities.

Sounds bizarre, doesn't it? I'm working on a machine right now where Windows failed to boot, attempting to load a BartPE disk resulted in consistent bluescreens, and Seatools failed to detect a drive. However, both Ubuntu and Mint could read files from the drive and let me copy data to a pendrive. Ubuntu gave me a warning about a failing drive when I tried it, but Mint didn't.

All the same, both distributions could access the drive and copy data just fine. You can also run into the same situation with wonky motherboards and memory that won't run Windows, but will run Linux, albeit usually with some problems. Bottom line is that I expect your hard drive is indeed bad.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1057917

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice