Win7 machine slow to boot, won't keep fonts installed

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

newpotato

Hi all,
A couple of months ago I was working on a logo design in Adobe Illustrator CS5 (I'm a graphic designer) when the power in my town cut out for a moment. It shut the computer down, and since then I noticed that it takes quite a long time for the machine to boot up... 5 or more minutes.

Also since then, every time I buy and install a new font it does not keep the font installed. I have to continuously reinstall them. Anything installed prior to that day is fine, but new fonts since then just won't stay put.

I'm using a Dell Studio XPS with Windows 7 Pro. Any help to solve these issues would be so very much appreciated. They waste a lot of my time.

Thanks!!

newpotato

Okay, so the machine DOES keep the fonts installed. It's just that every time I restart the machine, my Adobe CS5 programs no longer recognize them. I have to close out of whatever program it is (Illustrator, Photoshop) find the font file and reinstall. Windows tells me that the font is already installed and asks if I want to reinstall. If I click OK and restart my program, the font is there.

Hello,
please download the TSG Tool below. run it and then post the specs here. Thanks! link's below.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online