Win7 Offline Files

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

gurutech

I have Win7 Enterprise on my computer, and have added my network "home" drive to the "Documents" library, however in order to do this, I had to enable Offline files.

This worked when I set it up, however it seems that the files are not syncing, as Win7 thinks I am in "offline" mode.

How can I force Win7 into "online mode" so my files can sync? I have tried going to the sync properties and the options are greyed out. I cannot locate the registry keys to re-enable them.

Has anyone else experienced this, or know how to fix it?

The computer is not attached to a domain, so there are no "group policies" being pushed.

Thanks in advance!

DoubleHelix

Banned
I don't get what you added to what and why you had to enable anything called "offline". Can you post more details about the setup and what exactly you're trying to do?

gurutech

I have files on a network drive, which for whatever reason is not "indexed", so the only way I could add them to my "Documents" library was to enable offline files.

When I enabled offline files, I picked the folders I wanted to sync, and it synced them, but something happened, and I am not able to sync any longer.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online