1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win7 + Ventrilo-64bit

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by istouche, Jan 19, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. istouche

istouche Thread Starter

So...
    I Plugged My Normal setup (Logitech X-540 + Mic plugged in keyboard, and Headset plugged into the Logitech Control)

So, at first, people couldn't hear me on Ventrilo and stuff, so i had to play with all setting available on Win7 (Messy stuff).
    And finally, put my mic on Boost +20 db.. So the quality isn't really there, and when i play css, it sounds pretty horrible.
    And now new problem, I'm playing Heroes Of Newerth, and as soon as I get on the game, people on Vent can't hear me anymore, if I want to talk, i have to alt+tab out of the game, say what I have to say, then comeback on the game (which sucks).

I tried running both programs on administrator mode (which didn't worked)
    I tried to play on windowed mode (which didn't worked either)

I Have Win7 64 bit
    Onboard sound card
    Razer Lycosa (which I plug my mic in)
    Razer Deathadder (PTT button is set on Mouse4)
    My headset sound is plugged in the Logitech X-540 Control thingie
    And I have a Steelseries 5H V2

What is wrong with Win7 ?
    It doesn't recognize my headset, it says not-plugged
    and my webcam mic, is reacting better than my headset mic, even if it's at 0.5m, i clap my hand, and my webcam mic level, goes higher than my headset mic.. ?

2. DoubleHelix

DoubleHelix Banned

Your post is a bit difficult to read.

Is the problem with the quality of the headset? Does it work on another computer? What if you connect it directly to the computer and not through the Logitech remote?

3. istouche

istouche Thread Starter

So, i was running XP, before switching go Win7, and all was working correctly, the problem is the win7 configuration for audio and microphone thing.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/895658

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice