1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

[Win7/Win8] Wifi connection, no internet access

Discussion in 'Networking' started by Lampie, Jun 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lampie

Lampie Thread Starter

Hello,

Like many people in this forum I have trouble in Windows getting a working internet connection (three wifi bars, with a yellow exclamation mark).
    I had a Realtek RTL8188CU usb wireless adapter which had issues. After trying almost every solution on the internet, I bought a different USB Adapter, a Sitecom WLA-2102 with the latest drivers. Same problem.

I have reinstalled Windows 7 multiple times, and also Windows 8. Now I'm back at Windows 7.
    My Windows 7 workstation is the only device that does not get connected to the internet. There is a XP laptop I am on right now, several mobile phones/tablets and a Macbook. All work without any problem or configuration needed.

I reset my router multiple times, tried different firmwares, turning off ipv6, disabled firewall, no antivirus...

Right now I have disabled my Firewall and removed ESET Nod32, which came with the Windows 7 installation.

Below is my ipconfig /all from the PC that is not working, below that is the XP laptop that is working. The PC is in Dutch, I hope that's not a problem.
    In my router, a Zyxel P2812HNUF1, I can see my PC is connected). But from the PC I can not access the router (through ping or on the web interface)

Thanks in advance...

2. TerryNet

TerryNet Moderator

First Name:
    Terry
    Can you get internet access via ethernet?

Run the ESET Uninstaller if you haven't already.

What other firewall or security suite is, or ever was, on the system?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1100669

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice