Win7 won't save edited pix

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

starnelka

Vow
I've been editing pictures for some while now but suddenly Win7 doesn't save my edited version. I've tried Save, Save as, but when I look at the file the picture has reverted to the original. Am I now unwittingly doing something different or is there something to check or uncheck that I don't know about?
I'd appreciate some help please?

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
Saved from What editor ???
Have you tried Save As (A New File Name)

PS .. You're allowed a 50x50 pixel Avatar here at TSG .. Want this one ???
57.gif

starnelka

Vow
Let me try to clarify. I take photos then upload them to my pc. Then I take each picture and see what I can do to improve it - just like millions of other people. Once I've, say, zoomed in, enlarged or done whatever other editing I feel the photo requires I then click Save. This then saves the picture back to My Photos. Only the saved version is exactly the same as the original and there is no sign of my editing. I've tried Save As and giving the photo a different name but I get the same result - the original picture.
I must be doing something wrong but I can't find out what.

Noyb

Jay
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
The only thing I can think of .... Is that you are not saving the edited pic back to the original folder.
What editing program are you using and have you tried using another editing program ???

starnelka

Vow
I use Windows Office Picture Editor and once I've saved the picture it goes straight back into the appropriate folder (created by me) in My Pictures.
I might add that I'm not brilliant at editing photos so don't do an awful lot to any of them. It's mainly zooming in, cropping, sharpening etc. I found Paintshop and others of that ilk too complicated for my old brain.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online