1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win7x64 installation error: black screen after reboot

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by firelitte, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. firelitte

firelitte Thread Starter

Hi, i have a MSI A6000 Laptop. Ive been trying to fix this problem for 2 day with 12 hours time and read countless forums but still haven't been able to solve it.

I recently encountered windows 7x64 installation error, where i could not select disk partition to install.
    ( i formatted and deleted all of the partitions for a clean install). But somehow after running the memory
    diagnosis i was able to go through the installation. But during the installation on the second time it restarts,
    my computer gets a black screen when starting.

i cannot access the post screen menu or the recovery option( it is however possible to access the same thing via booting through the USB and selecting the recovery option instead of installing). Also the memory
    diagnosis tool does not work any more giving an error. The bios options are as follows:
    MAIN : Serial ATA [Hard Disk]
    Serial ATA [ATAPI CDROM]
    Advanced: PCI Latency timer [64]
    Legacy USB support [enabled]
    AHCI Mode [endabled]

P.S i donot have any dual monitor joined.

2. dai

dai

the initial install goes into ram and it hands over to the hard drive on the first reboot and it is not seeing it

try setting sata to ide mode instead of AHCI mode

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!