Win8 copy paste problem

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

plejon

Using Windows 8, I have a lot of trouble with simple copy/paste.

Half of the time, the copy paste doesn't work. You do the same copy/paste twice, once it works, once it doesn't. If it doesn't work, I close another program at random. Then it works again.

I use ctrl-c ctrl-v a lot, really a nightmare that this doesn't reliably work anymore.
I read lot's of similar cases on the internet, but missed a really good answer. Seems to be related to running out of resources. That would explain why this is so intermittent. And why it sometimes works if you close an unrelated program.

plejon

New asus system with win 8 . Model N76V.8 gab ram, 2 tb drive, so powerfull system

plejon

Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.2
OS Version: Microsoft Windows 8, 64 bit
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3630QM CPU @ 2.40GHz, Intel64 Family 6 Model 58 Stepping 9
Processor Count: 8
RAM: 8077 Mb
Graphics Card: Intel(R) HD Graphics 4000, -1984 Mb
Hard Drives: C: Total - 381546 MB, Free - 305834 MB; D: Total - 550502 MB, Free - 550332 MB; E: Total - 476932 MB, Free - 421058 MB; F: Total - 476934 MB, Free - 476766 MB;
Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., N76VZ
Antivirus: AVG AntiVirus Free Edition 2013, Updated and Enabled

plejon

Had couple of instances again today.

For instance copy paste from explorer to outlook doesn't work. I close Word. Do exactly the same copy paste from explorer to outlook and everything works fine.

Macboatmaster

Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
send me this please
The FREE speccy
http://www.piriform.com/speccy/download

publish to web and send url please
To publish a Speccy profile to the Web:
  1. In Speccy, click File, and then click Publish Snapshot.
  2. In the Publish Snapshot dialog box, click Yes to enable Speccy to proceed.
  3. Speccy publishes the profile and displays a second Publish Snapshot. You can open the URL in your default browser, copy it to the clipboard, or close the dialog box.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts