1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win8 not remembering Mozilla window sizes

Discussion in 'All Other Software' started by mike ma, Mar 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mike ma

mike ma Thread Starter

I have Firefox 35.0 and Thunderbird 31.3.0 set to a certain size in Windows 8.1 (with Stardock Start8) - all the way to the screen edge on the top, left side and bottom, right side to about 2/3rd of the screen (on an ASUS portable with 18.4" display)

every time I open them they open in that position OK, except that the bottom frame line is NOT in the same position, but is about 2-3 mm up from the screen edge

exiting with Ctrl on the x exiting button does not make it remember any better
    I have also tried something called AutoSizer from Southbay which did not work (and actually confused things to a degree where Firefox disappeared completely ... had to uninstall AutoSizer to get it back)

All this is no big thing, but it's annoying. Anyone has a (simple?) solution?

2. mike ma

mike ma Thread Starter

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1145661

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice