Win95 freeze

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

LarryVA

I just replaced a motherboard on an old Pentium90 machine using Win95. Upon boot-up Windows freezes after loading Norton AntiVirus. I have removed Norton in Safe Mode using the Windows remove software process. It still freezes! I continue to have Safe Mode available.

Also, I am unable to get the CD to be recognized so that I can re-load Windows. I have followed the manfacturers instructions, but it still cannot find the driver.

Help

LarryVA
Sometimes older units have CD Roms obsoleted long ago and the drivers for them are long since discarded as standard. Most boot disks use standard drivers many of which are Oak drivers. Anyway there is a program called CDGod that contains many of these older drivers. I used this program eons ago successfully to reload an older 95 system but unfortunatly detailed procedure is fogged in my memory. I do remember that the proceedure is tedious to locate the correct driver but most drivers required are there so perseverence is necessary to find the right one. Knowing the brand of CDRom in your computer would also be helpful in limiting your search through CDGod.

Here is the Download website for CDGod

Hope that helps
Dave

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online