Win98 Boot Disk

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Mr_yalC

I need a Win98 Boot Disk.....

and pls..... do not send me to BootDisk.Com.

Hi Mr_,

Is your system running at all, even
safe mode ?

If so, go to:

Control Panel --> Add/Remove Programs
----> top right TAB (Startup disk).

Ka-ching. If not, let us know....

Open Windows Explorer, navigate to C:\Windows\Command, put a blank floppy in drive a: and double click bootdisk.bat. Follow the prompts. The only helpful file not included on the bootdisk is format.com, you can drag and drop it on your floppy when it is finished.

Mr_yalC

Thanks guys..... Randy.. Once again you have came thru...

BTW Randy.... Are there any BLACKZ in Ireland??? Maybe I can come there and open a SOUL FOOD eatery??? I cook the hell outta corned beef and cabbage..... LOL !!!:D

R

ResidentGenius

What's wrong with bootdisk.com??? I've used it many times without problems.

Mr_yalC

it looked too goofy and I could not find the ONE thing I needed.

but ALAS.... With the marvelous HELP from another guru... I got EXACTLY what I needed like BLAM!!!

Not saying that BootDisk.Com is bad... /and I might go back to it one day IF I can remember it.... But I have my eyes on another !

Now to go there and see why now that I have formatted my drive, why is it when I load Win2K Server.. I can only get to 1% and then it just sits there.

Originally posted by Mr_yalC
Thanks guys..... Randy.. Once again you have came thru...

BTW Randy.... Are there any BLACKZ in Ireland??? Maybe I can come there and open a SOUL FOOD eatery??? I cook the hell outta corned beef and cabbage..... LOL !!!:D
Funnily enough, when I first visited Ireland in '95, I hadn't noticed any. Wait, no I remember seeing one in Dublin, and by the way a lot of the Irish stared, it was an unusual occurence.

That has all changed in the last few years, and Irish people are having to deal with many of their, heretofore unrealised, bigotries. Most of the "non-White" immigrants are refugees, so there are not a whole lot of good feelings towards them, but the "view" is a regular scene now, and most have adapted.

Come on, and try the Soul Food eatery! I LOVE it! Another bonus to the Celtic Tiger (which is slowly dying) has not only been an influx of other peoples coming in, but bringing their cultures and foods with them.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. The original thread starter may use the Report button to request it be reopened but anyone else with a similar issue should start a New Thread. Watch our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online