1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win98 Lan w/ router

Discussion in 'Networking' started by gerbi, Oct 19, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gerbi

gerbi Thread Starter

My specific question:
    Freshly installed win98, after enabling the NIC and tcp/ip and setting the right workgroup, i get 'X Fatal Error. Cannot Read IP Configuration.' What can i do aboot this?

Less specific, more important: Both comps on network running win98, using a linksys BEFSR4L ethernet router, one can access the web, the other can't. Any tips on where to fiddle with things? Both these comps were online before. The one that's not now had win98 reinstalled and i've not much idea what to do.

2. Dirk Gently

Dirk Gently

umm... only because no one else has said anything (i'm definitely not the one to ask about this)... what does the "ipconfig" program say?

3. coulterp

coulterp

4. 10forcash

10forcash

Why did you have to reinstall ?was it a 'clean' install or a repair?
    You could always try a clean install with the NIC removed, then shutdown, install, restart and load the OEM drivers, failing that, install a long trousered OS
    Cheers,
    10forcash

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/173180

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice