1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win98 Linksys Wireless Dll Error Msg

Discussion in 'Networking' started by ladyred306, Jul 24, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. ladyred306

ladyred306 Thread Starter

I have the followng error message after installing:
    Linksys Wireless-G PCI Adapter - WMP54G to link to Wireless-G Broadband Router - WRT54G

"Can't load Procnics9x.dll error message

Any suggestions or solutions.

Thanks
    :)

2. onsite

onsite

I would uninstall the card, reboot, then reinstall. It has been awhile since i had 98, i think deleting the card from the system folder should do it.

3. ladyred306

ladyred306 Thread Starter

Thanks. I did uninstall Linksys software- did not work, then I uninstalled, removed the Linksys adapter card, installed software again, then shut down pc and put the card back in.
    Now I am getting the error message: Can't load ProcNics9x.dll message.

Linksys software installed. The software stated that I have 71% signal, but no connection to the Linksys wireless router. The Windows 98 pc and this dll message is driving me crazy.

Thanks.

4. onsite

onsite

How old is the wireless card, take it back and get a refund, then buy/ exchange for a USB wireless card.

5. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

6. onsite

onsite

It could be a lot causing that
    1. win 98 is an old OS and if not yet soon will be abandonned by MS
    2. It could be inferior drivers bu Linksys
    3. infection of spyware, virus, trojan ( takes more than 1 program to remove all from any catagory)
    4. Your OS could be borked, especially if it has been running for years
    5. I duno ?
    6. you could try reinstalling win98 system files, will leave your data just replace the system files. i wuill tell you how if you are going to do this, works for me all the time, can not take resposability if it does not work for you.

7. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/485983

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice