.. win98 ODBC problems ... so lost.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

agent_c

hi helpful people ...

.. I am trying to install MS Access 97 on to my machine at work .. and it won't install because of an ODBC problem. There is a problem at the end of the installation .. it can't create the Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb).

.. I've tried to configure the ODBC settings myself and even create new ones .. but it says,

-=-=-=-
-- The setup routines for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) ODBC driver could not be loaded due to system error code 1157.
-=-=-=-

.. after clicking the above warning .. it says,

-=-=-=-
-- could not load the setup or translator library
-=-=-=-

.. I fear that my settings are all messed up by this IBM Client Access software .. but I could be wrong.

.. I've tried so much already ... installing most recent MDAC files from Microsoft .. I've used several different copies of MS Access.

* any help would be GREATLY appreciated.

.. thanks.

(win 98 .. crap system .. standalone)

cybertech

Retired Moderator
Check out this M$ site and see if it will help.

Be sure to post back and let us know :)

agent_c

.. help is appreciated .. a lot.

.. as per the site in the previous post ..

.. my settings for Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) seem to be correct (files that are stated are in correct location).

.. but I have another folder in ODBCINST.INI .. and it is the only one that has files in a different location.

-- Client Access ODBC Driver (32-bit):

DRIVER = "C:\sqllib\bin\db2cli.dll"
SETUP = "C:\sqllib\bin\db2odbc.dll"

* neither of these files exist on my machine .. neither do the folders for that matter ... thinking I should create such files and folders .. or change the path of.

.. this stoopid IBM Client Access has more control of this machine than I do .. don't really know what it is .. don't use it .. I don't think. ( .. so lost.)

.. thanks again.

(feeling hopeless on this one)

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online