1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win98/se install problems

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Fabiogump, Feb 10, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Fabiogump

Fabiogump Thread Starter

I've run into a problem reinstalling win98se on my computer. I had to reformat my C: drive partition and start clean. FYI I set up 3 partitions on the HD. C for a OS, D for Internet related programs and E for Programs/Data

When it goes through scandisk it's saying there are problems with my Warcraft3 directory in drive E. I've had this problems before with NDD, when it fixes the directory it ends up getting corrupted and I have to reinstall the game. When I ignore the fix it works.

Is there a way to get around scandisk? I've also tried to delete the Warcraft directory through the DOS promt, didn't work. I may be doing the DOS command wrong though.

any ideas was to what's going on?

2. Jtoast

Jtoast

Little confused.

1) If you formatted/partitioned your drive and havent installed the os , how did Warcraft III get on the partition?

2) If you have already installed the os, had it up and running and installed files then what is the OS install problem?

3. Fabiogump

Fabiogump Thread Starter

1) If you formatted/partitioned your drive and havent installed the os , how did Warcraft III get on the partition?

WIN98 and Warcraft are on DIFFERNT partitions. I when I originally set it up, I had all my programs on a different partion than the OS. In the event the OS fails and I have to do a reformat/install all my data wouldn't be lost with the reformat.

2) If you have already installed the os, had it up and running and installed files then what is the OS install problem?

I'm reinstalling WIN98, but scandisk is scanning all three partitions and finding file errors on one partition. It won't let my do the reinstall untill I clear it up.

4. Byteman

Byteman Gone but Never Forgotten

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/118164

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice