Win98/se install problems

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Fabiogump

I've run into a problem reinstalling win98se on my computer. I had to reformat my C: drive partition and start clean. FYI I set up 3 partitions on the HD. C for a OS, D for Internet related programs and E for Programs/Data

When it goes through scandisk it's saying there are problems with my Warcraft3 directory in drive E. I've had this problems before with NDD, when it fixes the directory it ends up getting corrupted and I have to reinstall the game. When I ignore the fix it works.

Is there a way to get around scandisk? I've also tried to delete the Warcraft directory through the DOS promt, didn't work. I may be doing the DOS command wrong though.

any ideas was to what's going on?

Little confused.

1) If you formatted/partitioned your drive and havent installed the os , how did Warcraft III get on the partition?

2) If you have already installed the os, had it up and running and installed files then what is the OS install problem?

Fabiogump

1) If you formatted/partitioned your drive and havent installed the os , how did Warcraft III get on the partition?

WIN98 and Warcraft are on DIFFERNT partitions. I when I originally set it up, I had all my programs on a different partion than the OS. In the event the OS fails and I have to do a reformat/install all my data wouldn't be lost with the reformat.

2) If you have already installed the os, had it up and running and installed files then what is the OS install problem?

I'm reinstalling WIN98, but scandisk is scanning all three partitions and finding file errors on one partition. It won't let my do the reinstall untill I clear it up.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online