1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win98 SE Installer Problem

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Riempie, Apr 24, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

Pc is running Win98 SE. I am trying to install move on boot program on this PC. I get the following error message:
    "This installation package cannot be installed by the Windows Installer Service.You must install a windows service pack that contains a newer version of the Windows Installer Service"

Can anyone please help ??

2. A Hawk

A Hawk

You can go to the win update site and d/load the service pack or search through google or on the microsoft site for the latest version of win installer. :)

3. Riempie

Riempie Thread Starter

Thanks this solved my problem.The Installer is updated now!

4. A Hawk

A Hawk

Glad to be of help. :)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/223404

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice