win98 SE missing msodisup.vxd file

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

jksald

can anyone help! my computer has gone funny, switch on computer message comes up missing msodisup.vxd press any key to start up.do that computer goes into safe mode i have tried to download from internet the file and install through A:\ but no luck,also mouse is installed yet message say's it isn't, same as CD drive both are in correctly but cannot use them for anything

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I did a "find" in my 98SE computer and that file doesn't exist in it.:confused:

I checked the Windows 98SE CAB files site and it shows that file as being in the NET9.CAB folder of the Windows 98SE CD. It's a very small file - about 23 KB.

Does your computer have one of the following folders:

C:\WIN98

C:\WINDOWS\OPTIONS\CABS

----------------------------------------------------------------

jksald

thanks i downloaded this file and it seems to have corrected that problem, but i also have another file missing called lmousdrv any ideas where i can download this from

flavallee

Frank
Trusted Advisor
I think you mean Lmouse.drv

It's located in the BASE5.CAB folder of the Windows 98SE CD or in one of the folders that I mentioned earlier.

It goes in the C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM folder.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online