1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win98 to Winxp - mobo and drivers?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lucas Pitass, Sep 7, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Lucas Pitass

Lucas Pitass Thread Starter

Hi, I'm going to get win/xp and I have win/98 currently on my comp. I was wondering If I have to get all the drivers and stuff for my mobo. It's a MSI K7n2g. I ask this because I heard that when you install win/xp it installs all the necessary things for the mobo. last time i did this my friend said that he would get me the cd-key and I never got it. This time I'm going to have a cd-key.

If I do need the drivers and all that other stuff.. uhh can somebody list what I need and where I can find it. I don't really know what to get for the mobo. Last time I couldn't get online so.. uh yeah.

Plz help me.

2. Lucas Pitass

3. crjdriver

crjdriver Moderator

You will need at least chipset / mb drivers. XP will load a standard ide driver for nforce boards. If you want the best performance, get the drivers. You can download them from msi or from nvidia. As to the rest of your hardware, you may or may not need other drivers. It is generally best to install the mgf's drivers since ms drivers often leave a lot to be desired.

4. winbob

winbob

crjdriver,

Didn't you pick up on this:

" last time i did this my friend said that he would get me the cd-key and I never got it. This time I'm going to have a cd-key."

Bad Pita, Bad

5. Lucas Pitass

Why what's that have anything to do with it...? I'm not pirating he works for a company that gives him win/xp every couple of months...

6. Lucas Pitass

what does mgf stand for?

7. Skivvywaver

Skivvywaver

Manufacturer is what it stands for. :)

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/271087

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice