1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win98 won't find hardware drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by kkatarina, Oct 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kkatarina

kkatarina Thread Starter

my astranet ia101 scanner has a problem. i need to reinstall it to my pc, because of a hard drive crash and the techs had to wipe and reformat my drive, so i have to put everything back on it. i have reinstalled it before many times with no problem, but this time for some reason, my computer won't find the device driver for it now. i installed it with my disc that came with the scanner, and i also tried with a download from the umax website. when i restart my pc, windows recognizes that there is new hardware, but cannot find the driver. when i click on the vistascan icon, it tries to find it, but says, error, scanner access failed. everytime i run the windows add hardware wizard, it says cannot locate drivers for the scanner. the windows hardware wizard always asks me to put the windows 98 cd in, but the drivers aren't there. they are on the scanner cd and on my computer somewhere. after i installed the vistascan from the disc, it said successful install. the vista shuttle and the copy utility are fine- just the vista scan. how do i solve this? i have windows 98 on my pc.

2. winbob

winbob

Have you used the "have disk" option and directed the path to the driver on the installation CD?

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/409830

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice