Win98

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

computurguy

A friend has a Win98 machine that when ever you open a window (my computer,control panel,Internet Explorer etc...) The contents is grayed out. If you right click the gray area, a small close button appears. When you click it the contents of the window appears. I have not run accross this before any ideas??.:confused:

Sounds like a reinstall of Windows 98 is needed, which will refresh the Windows system files. When reinstalling use the same folder that Windows is currently installed (i.e., Windows), then you will not have to reinstall all the other applications.

Could you please take a screen shot of how that appears and then upload it here? You are opening these windows and not "exploring" right?

computurguy

Yes Mosiac1. When you open any window instead of standard white background the whole window is gray. Right click on gray,left click on close button icons and white background appears. Same with internet homepage appears after close button clicked. Can continue surfing fine but once browser or window closed when reopen gray again. Thought maybe virus ? Ran scan did not find any.

computurguy

Thanks I will get the info you requested as soon as possible. He is out of town for holidays will be back next week. Thanks again

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online