1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

win98se backup?

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by gndm, Sep 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. gndm

gndm Thread Starter

Hi, on win98se i've got no "backup files", i don't have the cd to install but i do have the key.
    Anyway, what i want to do is remove a bunch of folders from OE6 to floppys.
    Is there any way to do this w/o backup, or if not, is there any way to get backup w/o tha 98se cd?
    thanx 4 any help

2. ~Candy~

~Candy~ Retired Administrator

Open outlook express, go to the file menu, then choose export ;)

3. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

I would suggest backing up to CD instead of to floppy. With a floppy you are limited to 1.44meg, with a CD 640 to 700meg.

By far, the best back up and restore utility is Norton's GHOST!

Here is one of the best tutorials on Ghost that I have seen. It even has the command line for creating images in 640 meg 'slices' to be stored on the HD and later burned to CD

http://ghost.radified.com/

I would suggest Highlighting the material and pasting it into Word so you can print it out for reference. I think in word it comes out to around 25 pages.

I told you it was good!! Very detailed, but not extremely techie.

4. gndm

gndm Thread Starter

AcaCandy, i moved the files to outlook ok, though it said it couldn't read my email profile and said i should delete it and make another (something else i don't know how to do) anyway i can't get my mail from outlook to a floppy either?
    NiteHawk, thanx for the info, but i don't have a cd burner, i'm checkin' out the Ghost thing.

5. NiteHawk

NiteHawk

BTW, how are you guys in Huston enjoying the "Goat Curse"? :D :D

6. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/167905

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice