1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win98SE Fatal Exception 0D PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Jelieber, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jelieber

Jelieber Thread Starter

I just made a new install of Windows 98SE and it's been working perfectly. But after installing the driver's for a Logitech Home webcam, whenever I close an application that uses the webcam (except for the simple camera games it came with) I get "A Fatal Exception 0D has occurred at 52F0:00008B0A. The current application will be terminated". Now I can just press a key and it'll continue working fine but when I tried NetMeeting it'll give me an irrecoverable error and I have to restart. I also noticed that some of the files on the disc the webcam came with seemed to be corrupted..like "_ninstall.ex_". Any help is appreciated.

-Jacob

2. Couriant

Couriant Trusted Advisor

First Name:
    James
    Have you tried uninstalling, rebooting and reinstalling the driver?

3. Jelieber

Jelieber Thread Starter

Yep, I've tried that a few times..eventually gave up on it and installed Windows ME, it has much better driver support. When I upgraded I didn't even have to find any driver's, everything just worked, but I still decided not to install the driver's using the CD and instead used windows itself and it works just fine. Now I just have to find some good games to play and stuff to do on it. The only reason I got a windows 9x system was so I could use my printer (HP 650C) as that's the only type the driver's will work on. Thanks for the recommendation anyways.

-Jacob

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1235175

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice