1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Win98SE Plug and play USB not working help

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Win98, Jan 21, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Win98

Win98 Thread Starter

I have an old Windows 98SE tablet computer. It had 2 USB ports. One on the side of the table and another on the docking station.
    I use a new Dell mouse that uses USB and works fine.
    I am using this computer for older programs that will only run on earlier software.
    I need to transfer a small file that is on my USB thumb drive and on my USB external hard drive into my tablet computer. The computer recognized the mouse right away but I cann't get my thumb drive or external hard drive to be recognized to let me use it. I know that there must be a file somewhere I can install a driver or something. I have tried going through the device manager and selecting the "Unknown Device" and trying to load a USB driver from the tablet to use this thing but I'm having no luck.
    Does anyone know what I can do to make this work?
    I wish this tablet had a CD drive but I only have USB.

2. Lozzy-loz

Lozzy-loz

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/976056

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice