Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

WinAmp 2.77 - Open File always defaults to a temp folder

2K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  eddie5659 
#1 ·
Recently I purchased a new computer and installed the latest version of WinAmp. I've enjoyed WinAmp in the past, however I noticed a small glitch. When I go to add a file, it automatically defaults to the Internet Exporer Temporary File Folder. Obviously, I do not want to keep my mp3s there.

Before, it would remember which folder I opened last, which was awesome. Someone told me to change the "cwd=" line in winamp.ini, however that didn't work. Each time I open WinAmp, it defaults that cwd line back to the Internet Explorer Temporary folder. Any ideas???

N8thegr898

#2 ·
Hiya

Dragged this off the newsgroups.

modify winamp.ini in your copy of winamp directory
look for cwd= and change to cwd=..\My Music
The ".." makes it look at cdrom directory and the name "\my music" is
name of folder holding your mp3s-put in name of your folder of course
Did you put in the .. ?

This is from

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=W...&rnum=1&selm=s70cv5295k268@corp.supernews.com

The most of that page is going on about playing from the CD, but you could try the above if you already havent.

Regards

eddie

#4 ·
I don't know if this will work, but it may.

Okay, go to Run and type REGEDIT.

Go to Edit | Find and type in Winamp. See if it finds it. If there is more than one folder, then tell me. I'm going to think that it may be in
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
and under WinAmp folder.

However, I could be wrong.

Hopefully, you'll find it. If you just find the one folder, then inside on the right should be something like this

(Default) REG_SZ (value not set)
Download Directory REG_SZ "c:\My Files"

with yours set to c:\Windows\Tempory Internet Files.

If you find this, or not, let me know. As I say, I don't know if this will work yet.

What we will be doing is modifying the directory here. There's no point going on unless you have this setup.

Don't DELETE anything here. Just Close the window and hopefully we can go to the next step.

Regards

eddie

#5 ·
I did an entire search and find of my registry for "winamp". Although winamp came up many times, the IE temp folder was never in any part of the registry. In fact, the only folder that showed up for all of the winamp finds was the winamp folder in the program files folder.

So, apparently, it looks like the registry isn't going to work. Any new ideas?

By the way, thanks so much for helping me thus far!!! :)

N8

#6 ·
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.