1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Winamp and Windows 10

Discussion in 'Windows 10' started by noonoo, Oct 21, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. noonoo

noonoo Thread Starter

Hi this is the result of the system info run.
    Tech Support Guy System Info Utility version 1.0.0.4
    OS Version: Microsoft Windows 10 Home, 64 bit
    Processor: AMD E1-7010 APU with AMD Radeon R2 Graphics, AMD64 Family 22 Model 48 Stepping 1
    Processor Count: 2
    RAM: 3509 Mb
    Graphics Card: AMD Radeon(TM) R2 Graphics, 512 Mb
    Hard Drives: C: 185 GB (50 GB Free); D: 279 GB (278 GB Free);
    Motherboard: ASUSTeK COMPUTER INC., X555YA
    Antivirus: Avast Antivirus, Enabled and Updated

I am trying to set up Winamp on this computer for my friend. I have tried everything I can think of but still coming up with problems, and every time I try to open Winamp it says Winamp appears to have been started with Windows program compatibility mode enabled.
    There are two further paragraphs explaining and I choose NO to exit and go to Winamp, Preferences and compatibility to "uncheck" compatibility mode but it is not checked and I cannot change anything.....

HELP please!

2. managed

managed Trusted Advisor Spam Fighter

First Name:
    Allan
  3. noonoo

noonoo Thread Starter

Hello managed, and thanks for your reply, but I tried that version too, yesterday. Same thing happens and I cannot find a way around it or to get rid of the compatibility issue

4. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    If you're using a shortcut to run Winamp right-click the shortcut and check if anything is ticked under the Compatibility tab.

I downloaded Winamp from my link above and it works fine in my Windows 10 Pro 64 bit.

5. noonoo

noonoo Thread Starter

Hello again Managed, as I said, have tried everything incluidng what you suggest but, tried again! No luck, attached is screen shot of what comes up ad I cannot change it no matter what I do, grrrrrrr! So fed up with this Windows 10, it worked fine before!

Attached Files:

6. managed

First Name:
    Allan
    Try ticking the Compatibility Mode box, select Windows 8, OK out and start Winamp. Even if the problem remains reboot, untick the box, reboot again and see if Winamp starts properly.

7. SilverSurf

SilverSurf

8. Lucz

Lucz

For Windows 10 I recommend you to install Windows 5.6 with contain required compatibility updates.
    http://www.mywinamp.com/winamp-for-windows-10-download/

9. noonoo

noonoo Thread Starter

Update!

Gave up trying to install and run correctly, taking all my time and nothing was working. Still have no idea why though?

Thanks to all who tried to help and if I hear any more will update.

10. Lucz

Lucz

In regedit, post what's set for the winamp.exe entry under HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\AppCompatFlags\Layers

Though in winamp.ini, in the [Winamp] section, you can set allowcompat=1 and that'll disable the message.

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/1218142

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice