1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Winamp not staying maximized upon first opening!

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by janlafata, Oct 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. janlafata

janlafata Thread Starter

I posted a thread in the Winamp forum on this, but didn't get the answer I was looking for, so I thought I'd try you guys. I'm running the latest version of Winamp Pro on Vista Home Basic x64. Many times, but not always, when I click on the Winamp icon in my Quick Launch taskbar, the program briefly opens, then quickly minimizes back to the taskbar.

I did check in properties and Run is set to Normal Window. I even tried switching it to Maximized once, to see if that would do any good. It didn't. I also check in Winamp options and Always On top is checked.

I also reinstalled the program right on top of the existing one and that made no difference. Then I completely uninstalled Winamp, then reinstalled it, but I still I get the same problem! And like I mentioned, the problem is intermittent.

I'm stumped!
    Jan LaFata

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!