1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Winamp-Schminamp!

Discussion in 'Earlier Versions of Windows' started by Chum, Jan 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Winamp has taken over all of my sound files (no sir I don't like it!) It also has this tiny problem...every time I play a Midi file, the balance moves to the right channel(once the file is playing, I can then center it,but it is irritating!):mad:

If I uninstall Winamp...will my sound files go back to small speaker icons(wave)?

Or, how do I change the default player...and keep it that way!

2. Rollin' Rog

Rollin' Rog

Winamp's File Types configuration is in Options>Preferences>File Types. The ones in blue are the ones associated with Winamp. You can deselect them. You probably let it take over all during the install dialog. Should have said just keep currrent associations.

Similarly other players will have their own association dialog.

Or you can select (highlight) a file type, then shift+right click on it and select "open with" from the dialog windows. Then scroll to and select the player you want to use. Check "always use" and OK

Don't know about the Midi problem, that's a strange one.

And give Winamp a chance. You'll love the AVS editor if you mess with it awhile. Try playing with the "Amanita Muscaria" preset. :)

3. Chum

Chum Thread Starter

Thanks...I'll try your suggestions. I received Email about your reply, but I could not load this site for about a day and a half!

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/64750

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice