Winamp-Schminamp!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Chum

Winamp has taken over all of my sound files (no sir I don't like it!) It also has this tiny problem...every time I play a Midi file, the balance moves to the right channel(once the file is playing, I can then center it,but it is irritating!):mad:

If I uninstall Winamp...will my sound files go back to small speaker icons(wave)?

Or, how do I change the default player...and keep it that way!

Winamp's File Types configuration is in Options>Preferences>File Types. The ones in blue are the ones associated with Winamp. You can deselect them. You probably let it take over all during the install dialog. Should have said just keep currrent associations.

Similarly other players will have their own association dialog.

Or you can select (highlight) a file type, then shift+right click on it and select "open with" from the dialog windows. Then scroll to and select the player you want to use. Check "always use" and OK

Don't know about the Midi problem, that's a strange one.

And give Winamp a chance. You'll love the AVS editor if you mess with it awhile. Try playing with the "Amanita Muscaria" preset. :)

Chum

Thanks...I'll try your suggestions. I received Email about your reply, but I could not load this site for about a day and a half!

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Members online