1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

winamp sound output

Discussion in 'Multimedia' started by alexcellence, Oct 29, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. alexcellence

alexcellence Thread Starter

hi
    im wondering if its possible using winamp to play music and be able to record that song without using a mic.
    what im trying to do is broadcast over msn to someone some music from winamp but i want the quality to be better than with a mic.
    is there an addon to winamp that does this or is it in windows somewhere?
    thanks!
    Alex

2. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

I'm assuming that you are talking about music that you are playing yourself? (guitar,keyboard,etc.?) If so, there are sound cards that can be added to your computer that will accept a regular 1/4" line-in plug. These work just like you plug in your equipment to an amp. If you need voices or anything w/o "electronic" output (drums,horns,etc) then you are stuck with a mic. Nothing says you have to use a "computer" mic.,you could record,mix,save with more professional equipment and play-back as a wav or mp3 file.

3. alexcellence

no sorry i meant a mp3 song already recorded on my computer
    that i would be playing and sending via the net to someone (broadcasting it live)
    sorry i didnt specify that.

4. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

Ok, you confused me by asking about recording.

First thing to realize is that "if you already have these songs as MP3s in your library........they are already recorded"

Next is that WinAmp is a "player" that you use. The listener will be listening on whatever player they choose.

Finally be aware that there may be copyright issues with "broadcasting" pre-recorded music. Radio stations pay royalty fees to be able to pay the stuff that they do.

5. alexcellence

i know all that!
    i know im playing the song thats already recorded (duh) on my computer, but they will be listening to it through MSN Messenger.
    or at least thats what i want...if possible, if not they can listen through their own player but i dont know how to do that either.
    and i know all that bout copyright. i wont be breaking any laws coz these are my own creations...i made these songs. all i want is for my friend to be able to hear them live...can it be done?
    thanks!

6. LONGHAIR

LONGHAIR

First of all SKIP the DUH crap. I'm trying to help you and YOU are the one saying two different things.

First you say:
    Then you say:
    Make up YOUR mind................DUH

I did ask the first time if this was music you were playing yourself. Your next response did NOT say that these were "your" songs, just that they were "prerecorded". The copyright issue goes away at that point. (I was just trying to warn you there) Lastly you can't "Force" anyone to listen with a certain player. If they have it....fine, if not they use their "own" player. What difference would it make to YOU what player they use?

7. Rollin_Again

Rollin_Again

Goto Shoutcast.com

This site can explain everything you need to know about setting up a simple Shoutcast streaming server using WinAmp. It's actually quite easy to do....DUH !

Rollin

8. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/175387

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice