1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

WinAntiVirus 2006/2007-tried everything in the other posts but need more help please!

Discussion in 'Virus & Other Malware Removal' started by Destroyer04, Aug 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Destroyer04

Destroyer04 Thread Starter

Hey Techguys!
    Recently I found that a virus called WinAntiVirus 2006 & WinAntiVirus 2007 has infected my computer. Im not quite sure if that is one virus, or 2 separate ones, but i DO know that whatever it is, its not supposed to be there. I have used numerous Anti-Spyware programs, some of which seem to have helped a little (some not at all), and some which help me detect, but not remove various viruses.
    So far, i have seen these programs have been recommended, so i tried them:
    Counter Spy
    Prevx 2.0
    EagleEye OS Control Center
    ParetoLogic Anti-Spyware
    Avg Anti-Spyware 7.5
    RogueRemover
    WinFortress

& since i found you guys..
    HiJackThis
    SUPERAntiSpyware

(y) I have read many Internet sites and posts and your moderators seem to be the only ones that know what theyre talking about and producing results!(y)

I thought i had removed all of the threats, because i have regained control of my computer using the virus removal programs and an application called "xp_secconsole" which i think i retrieved from someone else's posts on this same topic (possibly from MFDnNC, who deserves a (y) (y) for being so helpful, wether he knows it or not.)
    The ParetoLogic (free version) has detected that i still have these problems after running all of the above mentioned programs...
    grokster
    winantivirus pro 2006
    winantivirus pro 2007
    ibis/hunt toolbar
    viewpoint
    Live365 cookie

Is there any way to remove these??!!?? I have done EVERYTHING that the other posts on this issue have said and still have these viruses..... Ive seen ppl post their log files, and i have many that i would be willing to post if there was a chance that i could get a little bit of help with it, but im not sure if i should even bother until i get a reply because Im not sure if it presents a security issue or not when you post those logfiles.

Like i said, I've regained control of my computer, but i dont consider the problem solved because obviously these viruses are still active or at least present on my computer, and Im not sure what kind of information these jerks have access to. Am i going to have to buy some expensive virus program to remove these? I also have an expired version of Norton Antivirus, but the expired version doesnt help much.

If anyone has even taken the time to read this, i appreciate it, and would appreciate ANYTHING you could do to help me!!!

I almost forgot, ive also used ComboFix, i dont know if that helps at all, but i just figured i would provide as much info as i could on this matter.

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/616785

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice