Window 2000 Toolbar Tray Icon Removal

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Isaiah4031

I am used to Windows 98 and XP where you remove tray icons by going to "run" and typing in "msconfig" and click on the "startup" tab and unclicking the programs you don't want running at startup.

This doesn't work with Windows 2000 or NT. Does anyone know how I accomplish this on Windows 2000?

Hi,
I wanted to use msconfig for win2k and did search on google. I used this website to download msconfig.exe and followed the instruction. It worked smoothly. The websites from the previous post have the same idea. Use whatever you prefer, just make sure you save the file in the right folder. good luck

http://www.perfectdrivers.com/howto/msconfig.html

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online

Members online