window 7 7600 not genuine

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Rolf45

I have a new dell computer and the hard drive and motherboard went up,the tech came and installed new of each when he tried to start up he got error 700 so he took my discs that came with the pc and loaded them into it and now here I sit on Easter Sunday and my pc keeps flashing -"Windows 7 Build 7600 This copy of Windows is not Genuine". what should I do now call them and make them bring me another new hd and reload everything again or is there another fix short of reinstalling?????

Another thought, it could be a simple process --- you just need to activate it.....do you know if the tech did that?

DaveA

David
Trusted Advisor
Spam Fighter
I wasn't aware that new Dells were shipping with RTM versions of Windows 7...
What do you thintk RTM means?
This is the ONLY verstion that has been released for shipping.

Rolf45

Well Guys so far my system just goes from bad to worse and dealing with dell is mind blowing they tell me its a software problem and I say Yes it is the preloaded hard-drive you sent and your tech installed has corrupted files and they say pay us 230.00 and we will fix.When I point out that they sent it that way they answer yes and pay us and we fix(that's extortion right ?). Any way none of the fixes I can find on line work and the system is getting worse.

Squashman

Retired Trusted Advisor
If it is a new Dell computer then it is under warranty and they have to fix. As far as I recall all new computers from Dell come with at least a one year warranty.

If they are not helping you then file a complaint with the BBB.

TerryNet

Terry
I too think that the most important issue here is whether the Dell is still under warranty. If they are saying that hardware is covered but software is not, point out to them that they installed new hardware and the computer is still not working properly. The operating system was part of your purchase and should still work after any warranty repair. Thus, they haven't properly fixed the hardware problem yet.

In case this fight is not won, what are the "discs that came with the pc"? Windows 7 installation DVDs? Recovery DVDs/CDs? Resource/Drivers CDs?

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts

Staff online