1. Computer problem? Tech Support Guy is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations. Click here to join today! If you're new to Tech Support Guy, we highly recommend that you visit our Guide for New Members.

Window 7 - Failure to login to administrative account

Discussion in 'Windows 7' started by Tony201, Feb 16, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Advertisement
  1. Tony201

Tony201 Thread Starter

Hi there. When I try to log in as the administrater I get a 'failed to log in' messagethen logs off, returning to the user log in page. I am able to log in through the other two user accounts, but not my administrative account. I tried to find a solution throgh safe mode, failed attempt! Is there anybody that could help me with this issue? Thankyou

2. w7pro

w7pro

You may have to do a clean install. It is an extreme solution, but it may be the way to go here.

-- Ryan
    Windows Outreach Team

3. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

That's the exact and entire error message?

4. Tony201

Tony201 Thread Starter

The exact message I recieve is 'The user service failed the log in' and 'User profile cannot be loaded'
    Unfortunatly I do not have the windows 7 disc, my PC came with windows xp installed from the manufacturer, I do have the disc that is able restore all the manufacturer's original software that my PC came with. And the weather is cold in Barrie, and a little snow my Canadian friend!

5. Tony201

Tony201 Thread Starter

Well, if I The only solution is a clean install, than that be it. I would more than likely have to part with my PC for a while and have a friend do th the deed, I do not have the original disc.

6. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

How were you able to install Windows 7 the first time?

7. Tony201

Tony201 Thread Starter

I did not install it myself, my friend took my PC and installed it for me.

8. TerryNet

TerryNet Terry Moderator

Nice friend. But I think you'd be better off to keep the DVDs yourself and even do the install, which is pretty straightforward.

9. laker_fan

laker_fan

10. Tony201

Tony201 Thread Starter

I found how to modify the proper files to get it running again without re-installing, I am fairly new to this, I can post the remedy if needed, but thanks for your input anyways guys!

11. Sponsor

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 733,556 other people just like you!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Short URL to this thread: https://techguy.org/981144