Tech Support Guy banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Window 7, freezes and shuts down unexpectedly.

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  Aliena 
#1 ·
I have a dell computer,window 7. it shuts down by itself when i'm browsing the web or any other thing, it takes very very long to start up and sometime it don't go to the welcome screen, it gets blue screen instead and freeze, it also freezes when i'm browsing. I don't know what to do. the last 2 times i took it to a computer technician to fix it, he delete all my files on my computer completely. but the problem was fix. not taking it to him again. i need someone here to help me please.:confused:

#4 ·
Aliena,

My suggestion would be to completely re-install your operating system and erase everything. Your computer may have come with the insallation dics or if not you can create them in Windows 7. Your computer should have come with instructions on how to do this. When you insert the cd, you need to select the option to completely ease everything and re-install to factory default.

This should solve the problem
http://forums.techguy.org/members/720916-aliena.html

#5 ·
Aliena,

My suggestion would be to completely re-install your operating system and erase everything. Your computer may have come with the insallation dics or if not you can create them in Windows 7. Your computer should have come with instructions on how to do this. When you insert the cd, you need to select the option to completely ease everything and re-install to factory default.

That should be done before you have problems. You are most likely just going create a recovery disk with the same problem.

#6 ·
Aliena,

I agree with slickbone on erasing your HD and reinstalling everything. Depending on what computer you have and whether or not you have a Windows CD, your options differ. If you have one of those computers that comes with a "recovery" disk slap the disk in, start it up and follow the directions. If you have a Microsoft Windows installation disk, put it in, start it up, choose "repair" and get into the command prompt screen where you enter "format c:" without the quotes. You'll get some caution messages and you will need to confirm that you want to format. After that is over, you can re-install windows and all your software and settings. It's time consuming, but worth it. Your computer will run faster until it gets jugged up again down the road.

#9 ·
To all involved win this thread:

Reinstalling the operating system is the last resort, not the first one. Unless you are proficient in troubleshooting and repairing computers I strongly advise against offering unnecessary or harmful advice.

#10 ·
pyritechips: Yes very true that re-insalling your computer to factory settings is the very last option. However one has to question the severity of the inital problem. The problem sounds pretty difficult to solve without erasing and re-installing everything. Its could take a very long to time to solve it that way.

I've formatted my hd and re-installed windows xp on my old laptop many times over the last 4 years and till to date hasn't caused me any issues in carrying out this method. My post was only a suggestion to help that was all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.