Window 7 Iso File

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

donsor

What is Window 7 ISO File? Is it necessary for a Window 7 clean install?

donsor

I am concocting a new rig and I was reading instructions on how to do clean install. I came up across the subject and I was wondering whether it should apply to my work. I have a new copy of Win7 (Full) Home Premium 64 Bit OS and I guess that will be my install disk.

Frank4d

Retired Trusted Advisor
If you have a retail or OEM disk, it is a bootable install disk which is not the same as an ISO image. Microsoft and their partners such as DigitalRiver allow downloading an ISO image which must be burned (not the same as copied) to a DVD before it can be used.

donsor

While we're on the subject, what is a "System Builder" copy of Win7? It costs less but there may be a catch.

Status
This thread has been Locked and is not open to further replies. Please start a New Thread if you're having a similar issue. View our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

As Seen On
As Seen On...

Welcome to Tech Support Guy!

Are you looking for the solution to your computer problem? Join our site today to ask your question. This site is completely free -- paid for by advertisers and donations.

If you're not already familiar with forums, watch our Welcome Guide to get started.

Join over 807,865 other people just like you!

Latest posts